In this episode I give you Alex Merlino, owner and founder of Teres Kids, and statewide program and finance director at the Partnership for Responsible Business.
We discuss the struggles of starting and owning a business, New York, working with infamous fashion photographer Helmut Newton, and her experiences with and advice on a successful crowdfunding campaign.
Enjoy! And as always, please let me know what you think by reaching out to me on Twitter @brandonfitzpat.
- All about Teres Kids [1:10]
- The design process [11:10]
- RISD and Alex’s aesthetic [13:05]
- Growing up in LA [16:10]
- First New York experience [18:55]
- Life as a fashion model in NY [21:35]
- Gleason’s Boxing Gym [27:40]
- Haiti – craftsmanship and culture [30:18]
- Partnership for Responsible Business [32:45]
- Crowdfunding – Indiegogo versus Kickstarter [35:32]
- Her Santa Fe lifestyle [43:00]
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- Be sure to check out TeresKids.com
- Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)
- People’s Express Airline
- Helmut Newton
- Gleason’s Boxing Gym
CONNECT WITH ALEX MERLINO
- LinkedIn – Alexandra Merlino
- Twitter – @tereskids
- Instagram – @tereskids
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on iTunes.